With market popularity comes the usual wave of "black hat" opportunism, replete with viruses, malware, trojan horses. For those of you who have become very Apple dependent (especially those of you who are Microsoft converts -- you know, those entrepreneurial pioneers who became tired of downloading patches from Microsoft several times per week, and wanted a break from constantly downloading anti-virus software updates), please be aware of a trend which is rapidly achieving momentum-- attacks on Apple, and on Apple users. Your pads, pods, phones and notebooks are all at some peril. Don't compromize your data, or your communications ability.
Entrepreneurs - As Apple Becomes A Market Leader, The Virus/ Malware Issue Follows Close BehindThese attacks and problems may become extraordinarily severe, in that many new Apple users are using Apple iPhones, pads and the like as their principal communications medium. These wonderful communications devices are also at risk of being compromised, infected and commandeered by opportunistic "bad guys."
Several Global Futurist pre-emptive strategies emerge, and I will outline them here. Bear in mind that I am stating opinions based upon my expectations, and that I am not providing technical, legal or any other sort of technical advice. If you are a TNNWC Member (which you should be), you might be receiving this news via the TNNWC Supplemental RSS and Daily Email Feed - this is part of the reason to subscribe to the feed (either by RSS or by once-daily email) -- to catch alerts early, and to convert them into actionable items for your protection and your profitability:
1. Back up all of your records and information on zip drives at regular intervals;
2. Use Mozy or one of the the other remote (off-disk) backup systems to keep a regularly- updated version of your computer's entire set of important files.
The following article is excerpted from a ZDNet Newsletter. It contains some "good news" which really is tantamount to putting a bandaid on a spreading infection. On a positive note, some silver linings (benefits and opportunities) are enumerated after the article extract -- so please read the extract, and return to this page [that's what the "BACK" arrow is for] to see how you may benefit, as an entrepreneur, innovator or systems (IT) professional from this difficulty:
|Apple Mac OS X update to put Mac Defender malware issue to bed|
|Apple will deliver a Mac OS X update "in coming days" that will put its Mac Defender malware headaches to rest.READ FULL STORY|
Possible Entrepreneurial, Innovative, IT and Investment Directives emerging from this temporary cloud over Appledom:
1) Develop, repackage or sell kits or protocols to backup Apple data on all Apple media and applications for corporate and personal users;
2) Develop, repackage or sell kits or protocols to defend against the perils facing Apple-dependent enterprises and individual users -- these would be analogous to port protectors, anti-malware programs and other pre-emptive defenses against intrusions, pirating and shutdowns;
3) Invest or otherwise participate in companies which do either or both of the activities briefly described in items numbered 1) and 2), above.
That is all for now. Oh, and by the way...bear in mind that every crisis (or even the fear of an incipient crisis) brings with it numerous opportunities for those who are able to recognize them, and to take action immediately.
Douglas E. Castle
- Apple Gives Instructions for How to Get Rid of MacDefender Malware (blogs.wsj.com)
- How to Avoid or Remove 'Mac Defender' Malware (techland.time.com)
- Apple Addresses Malware Attack With Software Update (Report) (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- Apple Mac OS X update to put Mac Defender malware issue to bed (zdnet.com)
- Apple To Nuke Mac Defender Malware With OS X Update (slashgear.com)
- Apple admits Macs get malware, update coming to remove MacDefender (venturebeat.com)
- Apple Speaks! (macviruscom.wordpress.com)
- Apple to issue update to 'automatically find and remove' Mac Defender malware (zdnet.com)
- Apple acknowledges Mac Defender malware, promises software update (arstechnica.com)
- Apple Promises OS X Update to Delete Mac Defender Malware (macstories.net)
"Be bold. Face your Fears. The Future is Coming. Learn to Surf the Waves, or be Crushed in the Tsunami... -DC
THE GLOBAL FUTURIST - http://theglobalfuturist.blogspot.com/
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Douglas Castle’s Blogs And RSS Feeds
For a complete list, click on the RSS icon below:
BREAKING NEWS AND INTELLIGENCE:
News Ticker: Global/ International News Stories
News Ticker: /Global/ International Capital Markets
News Ticker: Technology Trends
News Ticker: Consumer Trends
News Ticker: Business Trends
Join TNNWC – Become a Member